Re: xplorer2 version 3 released

Post by garysteel »

Please see attached
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

so it does match your toolbar. Anyway I will add some registry tweaking for the next version to change colors
garysteel

Post by garysteel »

N

My windows 8.1 install does as expected its the windows 7 install which is contrary to all my colour settings.

Thanks for the future tweak.

G
CrossX
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrossX »

Maybe one small suggestion could be that in the next update all menu items should be present in the ribbon (in a 1:1 ratio) so that the ribbon, even minimized, could be a handy alternative.
I think that in this case more people could digest it :roll:
QT-Pro
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by QT-Pro »

Is v3 really a milestone version or is v2.5 just as good without the ribbon?
I've been thinking about upgrading to v3.0 Ultimate with lifetime updates but it is not clear whether the cost is $69.95 in total or whether it is $49.95 + $69.95 for lifetime upgrades?
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

"kack Blue". Denglish rage. Lovely!
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

QT-Pro wrote:Is v3 really a milestone version or is v2.5 just as good without the ribbon?
the ribbon is one of the big things but if you check the announcement it's not the only one.

I wouldn't say it is xplorer2 reinvented, it just trickled over a version number.

You cannot just buy lifetime cover to get v3, either you already have it and you upgrade for free, or you need to buy a new license (and add on that lifetime cover if you wish)
QT-Pro
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by QT-Pro »

So $119.80 versus $79.90 for XYplorer...
Hmmm, the choice becomes simpler.

No, but really Nikos, do you honestly believe that a file manager is worth $119.80 even if it comes with lifetime updates?
Last edited by QT-Pro on 2015 Jan 05, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Yes, it is.

Directory Opus will cost you much more if you decide to make "lifetime upgrades" - still, people are paying for it.
I guess if you make your money with Windows file management, it's an easy decision. If you don't, it's still not 119.90 US-$ for the lifetime license alone.

And IMO it's worth indeed.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

ahem.....see how logical drive bars are above active windows.
The mass renamer in X2 is nice.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

@QT-Pro
if you want "cheap", try the professional version at $69.90 with lifetime support
or even cheaper, forget about the lifetime cover and get only the plain license for $30

@dunno
show this pic to some other people that feel that *I* don't have a sense of style ;)
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

nikos wrote:@dunno
show this pic to some other people that feel that *I* don't have a sense of style ;)
Err, geeks don't have a sense of style, they are in most cases clueless until they find a woman that imposes some sense of style upon them, if geeks had their way we would all be running linux from the command line only which would then open a dos shell.

Apple's OS would be geek style too if it wasn't for Jobs. look how long it took microsoft (Win7) to make a visually pleasing, ergnomic, AND functional GUI.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Geeks don't use Linux. Children and wannabes use Linux.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:show this pic to some other people that feel that *I* don't have a sense of style
This from the man who was defeated by a simple t-shirt design (the Pellopenesian War really did weaken the Greek spirit after all). :roll: You have a sense of style al-right, but until your imaginary "cambodian chaki" comes back into vogue, the judgement of the few shall outweigh the delusions of the one. :wink:
dunno wrote:Apple's OS would be geek style too if it wasn't for Jobs.
Having just finished reading (for no apparent reason), that recent Jobs biography that was apparently so popular a few years back, it's safe to say he was not a visionary, certainly not a design guru (he bullied the designers under him to come up with new ideas - he had none himself), and frankly didn't know much about computers at all. The only one who comes out of that book sounding like a guy you'd ever have any respect for is Wozniak - unassuming, intelligent, a proper geek's geek - and ultimately the guy who made any of it possible. Jobs couldn't design his way out of a plastic bag (he really couldn't), and there's no reason to perpetuate that myth. What he did have was a serious personality flaw and a case of OCD that would make any self-respecting iron-unplugger blush.

As for how long it took for MS to get their act together - well, roughly about as long as it took them to steal the UI that Apple stole from Xerox. Yes, there are those that think Apple didn't exactly steal the PARC concept, but essentially he just bought all the lads who could do it, and claimed it as his own, which is what any corporation does. Still stealing, by any other name.
MKairys
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MKairys »

I confess to not having had to actually buy a license to date and I'm not sure what to do now. My options (for Ultimate) are pay $50 a year or pay $70 one time? (ugh - I'm really broke after the holidays :)