Now if you only could provide an URL!
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: xplorer2 version 3 released

Post by ckit »

You've never used Hash Tags -> #xplorer2 before?

Ancient URL Link:
https://plus.google.com/109314180422351 ... 5vzUb2zQgd
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

The phpBB system used here doesn't have clickable hashtags unlike Google+. That said, I don't even use Google+ outside some Android pages.

It's the convenience, pal.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

I did all that worrying for nothing

Post by pschroeter »

The transition worked much smoother than I expected. I got my new upgrade key with "Register program". When I restarted x2 didn't even show me the Ribbon, I had to turn it on. I looked at it then turned it off (sorry). I actually took great comfort in you listing the Ribbon in the upgrade notice as an"optional" feature. I think there are some new icons in the menus and they look better.

I use small icons in the toolbar. I notice the toolbar is just as wide with small icons as it is with large icons. This means the small icons have more empty space between them and the toolbars look stretched sideways. Are the big ones 32X32?
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Painless, smooth upgrade and registration.

Thanks Nikos.

Big icons are nice.

Now, what's this I hear that you're going to place a neat drive bar above active windows ?, my oracle says that you're hot for this mod :mrgreen:
Last edited by dunno on 2015 Jan 02, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: I did all that worrying for nothing

Post by FrizzleFry »

pschroeter wrote:The transition worked much smoother than I expected. I got my new upgrade key with "Register program". When I restarted x2 didn't even show me the Ribbon, I had to turn it on. I looked at it then turned it off (sorry). I actually took great comfort in you listing the Ribbon in the upgrade notice as an"optional" feature. I think there are some new icons in the menus and they look better.

I use small icons in the toolbar. I notice the toolbar is just as wide with small icons as it is with large icons. This means the small icons have more empty space between them and the toolbars look stretched sideways. Are the big ones 32X32?
are you using the small icons with text labels?
my toolbars with small icons and no labels look similar to the drive bar
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: I did all that worrying for nothing

Post by pschroeter »

are you using the small icons with text labels?
Thank you very much FrizzleFry. I didn't have text labels turned on, but I went ahead and turned them on and then off again and this seems to have fixed the problem.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I'm glad the upgrade process is going smoothly... I always had the worry at the back of my head that I'd spend my new year (the whole of it) doing key upgrade support, but thank the maker for PHP!

@ckit

sorry I was a bit cross yesterday but you were supposed to be pro-ribbon, and then you are telling me that you don't like the ribbon because there is a drivebar underneath it!? Where's the sense in that? If somehow the drivebar insults your good taste, right click on it to hide it.

and to all the other people that are upset about the ribbon, did you notice the word optional ribbon? If you don't like it swap it for the menu and bob's your uncle
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Upgraded and all looks good, thank you for all your hard work over the years.

Happy New year to you and your family.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

bq3419 wrote:how do you enable the ribbon and then do the equivalent of Actions > Save settings now, so that enabling the ribbon sticks?
the ribbon "file" menu has an OPTION > EXPORT SETTINGS menu item. If you use that, you implicitly do a "save settings now" as well as creating a backup of your settings

in general, if you need to execute a command from the ribbon that's nowhere to be seen (assuming you don't need it frequently) use RIBBON > HELP AND SUPPORT > COMMAND FINDER

ps actually it doesn't do a save settings now if you have disabled saving settings on exit, so scratch that remark above. You can use one of the solutions recommended by FrizzleFry or the command finder trick
bq3419

Post by bq3419 »

nikos wrote:in general, if you need to execute a command from the ribbon that's nowhere to be seen (assuming you don't need it frequently) use RIBBON > HELP AND SUPPORT > COMMAND FINDER
That works for now, thank you.
garysteel

Post by garysteel »

Silly Question but for the life of me I cannot seem to change the colour of the ribbon bar, like in MS Office or other apps usual Blue , Silver or Black ??

Thanks for any help here.

Gary

PS loving v3
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there was some option to change the color of the ribbon but i didn't add it. I think it just changed the background color, nothing more fancy
garysteel

Post by garysteel »

Its not changing to any of my other background colour choices!!
Stuck with kack Blue!!

G
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'll look into it for the future, doesn't yours look like the screenshot?
it seems to align itself with whatever is the default toolbar background for your system