What are your customizations?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

What are your customizations?

Post by kunkel321 »

I don't think that this will apply to x2 Lite, but for Pro and Ult users...
What are some of the Custom Column Sets | User Commands | Folder Groups | and Custom Groups that you use?
Really I'm just gathering ideas for icon button images to create...

For example, here are some that match my "steve's custom skin" (see other thread).
The images are (left-to-right), Thumbs | Mini Thumbs | Same Pane | Swap Panes | Page Numbers Column Set | Dimensions Column Set. (the first four are menu commands evoked via MenuHack)

Other ideas?
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: What are your customizations?

Post by pschroeter »

I have Menuhack so I need:
List View, Minthumbs, Show All, Address Bar, Browse
I was amused that Thumbs and Details view got a built in icon and the other didn’t. I would prefer the ones based on thumbnail views didn’t use actual thumbs, but pictures.
I actually hinting that I wonder why these commands don’t already have button I can add to my toolbar.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

pschroeter wrote:... I would prefer the ones based on thumbnail views didn’t use actual thumbs, but pictures. ...
Hee hee hee.
Just be glad I didn't use THIS one

I think the latest version of x2 does have built in menu button for Thumbnails. There is also one for Details view, called "Default," which I think means "default set of columns."
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

kunkel321 wrote: I think the latest version of x2 does have built in menu button for Thumbnails. There is also one for Details view, called "Default," which I think means "default set of columns."
I found the built in buttons for Details and Thumbnails. I talking about a button for the smaller Mini thumbs view x2 allows people to define. And the List view I want is the opposite of Details view. List view only shows the names of files and folders and nothing else.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

pschroeter wrote:I found the built in buttons for Details and Thumbnails.
My bad--you actually already said that.

There are actually some stock Windows icons for different View styles... Obviously I'm partial to my homemade ones :lol:
But there's these:
Anyone who uses Windows already "has" these icons, but still be mindful of copyright issues. (i.e. don't try to sell them).

There's a rumor that some fool extracted most of the stock icons from the DLL files in Vista and Win 7 and keeps them all in a folder.
>>> http://1drv.ms/1BVbF4C <<< The one called "Fave Extract Categorized.zip"
The icons are of different max resolutions, but they should all be fine for x2 toolbar buttons.
Notice that they have been bulk renamed as 00#-<name of dll they originally came from>.ico so if a person really wanted to, they could track down the source dll (remember some are from Vista, some Win 7, some both).
They're also packed up as a DLL library. Read the bottom part of the first post here http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8827 for tips on making the most of the dll.