Bookmark multiple tabs + lassoing multiple files

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Bookmark multiple tabs ?

Post by Kilmatead »

Yes, it works with Full Row Selection on, but it's a heck of a lot easier to actually find "empty space next to the first file/folder you want to lasso" with it off, as you can then click anywhere outside the Name column to start, being sure to drag laterally back across the Name column for the selections to highlight.

This applies to details/report-view, of course... if one is in Thumbnails-view, it's a lot harder to find free whitespace, depending on the setting you use for "Spacing Between Thumbnails" in the x2SE. For example, I use 3 pixels for that, which means my eyesight would have to be a great deal better for me to find any free-space at all :wink:, so it's convenient that I never use lasso-select for files.

Without more details of precisely how/where/what bawldiggle is attempting to drag, it's hard to diagnose. I can't imagine that it's of Earth-shattering importance either, but then again when I was five I lost my Cracker-Jack Secret-Decoder Ring and that proved quite traumatic for me, so these things might be relative... he could be a sensitive soul - lord knows he didn't take well to my suggestion of having his testimonials extracted previously. :D
bawldiggle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Lassoing files (RESOLVED)

Post by bawldiggle »

FrizzleFry :) :) ... and Kilmatead :) :)

Your tip worked -- secret is in the technique.
- I was starting in top left of first file then attempting to drag down the list, but that resulted in ...
move file error.png
Correct technique, as you point out, is to start in a free space

- lassoing is not crucial but it was bugging me that I could not get it to work
- the two year old Xplorer2 PDF help (page 23) has a very tiny image that is incorrect, ie, the pointer in that image results in a move alert

This is how it would be better illustrated ...
lasso works.png
My lawyers will be in touch for contract negotiations. $$$$$ :mrgreen: