7zNSE beta 1008

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

7zNSE beta 1008

Post by nikos »

here's the latest beta, thanks to kilmatead now it should install fine on windows 8 and later!
www.zabkat.com/test/7zNSE_setup_beta.exe
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 7zNSE beta 1008

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:...thanks to kilmatead
What, is FrizzleFry rolling in his grave? Has he been written out of history already? Is his visage fading in the photographs on his granny's mantle? He deserves more thanks than I do for discovering the shortfalls in your installer knowledge. Or was his bold interjection enough to have him sent to the Gulag never to be seen again?

You spend one lousy Winter in the East and already your Stalinesque tendencies rise to the fore! :D

And users should be aware that the filetype-association system on Win8+ still might be a little weird, depending on whether entries were pre-existing or not. I tested it about a hundred times on clean VM's but since other programmes may still associate "the old way" if overtaking/undertaking, results could be interesting over time.

Also, Win8+ does not have the GUI option to easily customise the super-ugly default associated icon like the Win7 Config does - it can still be done manually in the reg, but that's messy for most civilian users. If anyone besides me cares about this feature, shout out and I can add it back - it just seemed overkill to have a whole GUI just for that. :shrug: At the moment, the Config shortcut for Win8+ is really just a link to the system filetype associations menu, which is all that's necessary (we think).

While x2 does not need to be restarted, refreshing the display after changing associations might prove efficacious to the ever discerning epicurean user. :D
dmattote

Post by dmattote »

However, it still doesn't work for Win XP sp3, which I really could use...
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

2 + 2 = 5 and We've always been at war with Eastasia :shock:

I'm just glad my research led to something useful and I'll enjoy my increased ration of chocolate :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

working for XP is not something that can be done overnight, perhaps in the future