Slow Laggy Performance Overall

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

vongoh

Slow Laggy Performance Overall

Post by vongoh »

I've been using X2 for a long time now, maybe a decade. I'm a registered user using the 3.0.0.2.

For a long while now I've been noticing delays especially when:

- opening non-networked folders

- right clicking on files and folders to access the context menu

In both cases clicking or right clicking produces the Windows blue circle and anywhere from
2 to 10 seconds or more X2 locks up. This happened under Win 8.1 and is now happening
on Win 10 - it hasnt made any difference.

Note to be clear that when I try and click on folders and right click on files and folders in
the WIn File Explorer there are no delays - its lighting fast.

The delays appear random to me, I haven't found any discernible pattern although it may happen
slightly more often on my D: partition and less so on the C: partition, but they both have this issue.

I have a simple X2 setup running two panes. I never use tabs. With this current install I have not
added any extensions or plugins. I really haven't modified it much at all - its out of the box.

I do have a series of virtual drives set with letter names for quick access to specific folders on my C: and D:
partitions (I am not including network drive performance in this issue at all). But these 'drives' are only
pointers to these partitions.

I saw your blog entry about performance and none of those settings or suggestions either applied to me
or helped. Thanks for any pointers you can give.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Slow Laggy Performance Overall

Post by nikos »

if you say you've read about the common speed issues, then I can't think of anything else. Intermittent faults are the worst. When you compare xplorer2 with windows explorer make sure xplorer2 is set in a similar view mode with same detailed columns etc, and you are checking the context menu on the SAME item