win10, edge browser + xplorer2

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

win10, edge browser + xplorer2

Post by nikos »

I finally got the final win10 release. I am running in a challenged (slow) VM environment and I have problems with this new Edge browser they put in. It is dead slow (compared to internet explorer on the same VM) and most of the time it crashes and disappears. I haven't managed to test if the demo videos in xplorer2 HOW DO I? pane work

if you have win10 and left the edge browser as default can you tell me if the demo videos within xplorer2 launch or not?
thanks

ps what an idea to get rid of window borders and inactive titlebar colors, one can hardly realize which window is active anymore and where does it end and where other windows end... progress? :roll:
lnbrantley

Re: win10, edge browser + xplorer2

Post by lnbrantley »

works for me
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: win10, edge browser + xplorer2

Post by Robert2 »

I have had Microsoft Edge crashing on me too for no reason that I could fathom out. End of the matter for me. I will never use Microsoft Edge. It is a paltry mock-up of Chrome.
This said, I opened Get familiar with xplorer² GUI directly in Microsoft Edge. The video displayed normally.

Note that the colored title bar may soon be back in Windows 10. They are already back in the “Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525”. See article at Windows 10's white Title bars may soon be history with the return of the Windows Insider Program