how to separate mp3 files from album metadata files

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

fenpeppertree

how to separate mp3 files from album metadata files

Post by fenpeppertree »

:?: How can I separate all mp3 files from other files, like cover art, in about 100 different album folders; and have them copied to and accessible in a single individual folder?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how to separate mp3 files from album metadata files

Post by nikos »

when copying with robust copy F5 key, you can specify a filter. So in the FILTER field of the copy dialog type
*.mp3
then only the mp3 files will be copied
fenpeppertree

Post by fenpeppertree »

:?: This sounds like exactly what I was trying to avoid! You mean I still have to open each individual album folder (about 100) and copy from there?

Why is it I can filter out all the mp3 files 'only' to a scrap container, and can even preview/play them, but if I use the "copy to" option in the menu bar and copy these same files to a folder, they no longer play; even though they are listed as ext. type .mp3 and have their size also? They are virtual files with a file extension and size?

What is a scrap container used for if not to sort, compile, and save. I must be missing something.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

You mean they play in the original location but when you copy to them from the scrap pane they do not play from the new folder?

How are you playing them?
How are you sending the files to the scrap pane?

I would do a find (Ctrl-F) from the folder containing all the album folders and search for *.mp3.

Try regular copy from scrap pane and paste to new folder to see if that makes a difference.

Instead of copying all the mp3s to another folder it might be better to create a playlist containing all of them... you can do that easily from the scrap pane by highlighting all the mp3s and then pressing Alt-C and them pasting into an m3u file...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

go to the top folder holding all your music folders then do the filtered copy i suggested.