how to sort

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

RTC

how to sort

Post by RTC »

Dear Gurus,

Could you help me with this one...? I'm sure it must be pretty straight forward but I can't seem to accomplish this...

xplorer2 prof x64 3.1.0.1

dual pane
both panes detail view
Name Size Modified Extension columns

I would like the default sort order for all my panes:

Folders: on top; sort on name column
Files: sort on Modified column

For some reason I can't manage this...then again I'm no Guru... :wink:

Appreciate your help or pointer in right direction...

RTC
win7 prof x64
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how to sort

Post by nikos »

you can have folders sorted separately (on top) from TOOLS > OPTIONS menu, then WINDOW page. But it is not possible to sort folders by name and files by date, a single mode goes for all items
RTC

Post by RTC »

darn...I can hardly believe that... :(

I'll wait for kilmateads solution... :D

But thanks anyway....

RTC
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

RTC wrote:I'll wait for kilmateads solution...
:shock:

Did you ever wonder what happened to Moses after he parted the Red Sea and kicked Pharaoh in the teeth? Or Houdini after he confounded the clever and bamboozled the boobs? Or Stradivarius after he saw Hendrix at Woodstock? Or, worse, Vercingetorix after Caesar ate his Wheetabix?

This is the problem with getting a reputation - no one ever sees the real you. I mean, Moses there walked for ages and ages and took up smoking and gambling and womanising and all that good stuff - but no one ever hears about that side of the story. And Houdini started doing weird things like jumping into iced-over rivers, bless his skinny shivering arse. And poor Stradivarius never fully rationalised the whole left-handed upside-down tuning thing, and eventually went mad drinking watered-down Maitai's in Bora Bora. :sad:

What's the moral of the story? 30 years ago I fell in love with and sought forgiveness in the arms of a dark-skinned ephemeral girl named Juárez and ever since have judged all other women by her violent charms. Now, perhaps, I might regret that particular fixation, but the thunder still silences my helpless wonder that such a creature ever could exist. :cry:

I'm afraid that there's only so much I can do to correct the monstrous wrongs that Nikos has done to civilisation, and from time to time even I must accept defeat and curse his name quietly, biding my time, waiting for the right moment to strike deep with the knife of a just and glorious liberation. :D
Shakey Graves wrote:I feel so lonesome
Since I lost my someone
And with this government paycheck
I'm gonna buy me a new one
And sit right here
With my luke-warm beer
Just licking my wounds
From year to year
drac
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by drac »

Other file managers provide that sort option, I am sure Nikos has the talent to provide it as well. The only question is whether he has the time and desire to make the changes needed. Possibly there are higher priority features that he thinks deserve his attention before this one.
RTC

Post by RTC »

30 years ago I fell in love with and sought forgiveness in the arms of a dark-skinned ephemeral girl
Slowly a little corner of Kilmateads veil is lifted.... :lol:

But that's a different story...

Thanks for the confirmation that nothing can be done to this omission...

@drac: yes I indeed thought that that option does exist in other FMs...I do hope Nikos will see this as a feature request...

regards & case closed...

RTC