x2 v3.2 final(?)

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

x2 v3.2 final(?)

Post by nikos »

i did some last minute changes and i had 4 kids running up and down my head, so i'm not 100% sure this works ... you tell me! :)

pro
http://www.zabkat.com/test/xplorer2_setup.exe
http://www.zabkat.com/test/xplorer2_setup64.exe

ultimate
http://www.zabkat.com/test/xplorer2_setup_ult.exe
http://www.zabkat.com/test/xplorer2_setup64_ult.exe
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: x2 v3.2 final(?)

Post by Tuxman »

Is it intended that the "file extension" column can't be edited separately? My xplorer² does not display most file extensions, so "edit-clicking" the e.g. php column of an index.php file lets me edit the index ... :|
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
astewart

Post by astewart »

* registry setting rgbZipFolderBgcol sets the background color when browsing special folders like ZIP/7Z/RAR archives.
In dual mode, if the inactive pane is showing the archive background color, and "Same folder" (Force) is used to an non-archive folder, the inactive bg doesn't change until that pane becomes active.

Alan

Edit: It doesn't change forcing the opposite way either. Active pane is an archive, inactive is non-archive. After force, inactive not in archive bg color until active.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

tuxman, changing extensions is not a good idea but you can use CTRL+F2. If you want to do it inside x2 then enable extensions from your folder options

astewart, I don't see any problem, the inactive pane shows with inactive colors, but when it becomes active it shows whatever background is appropriate
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Why would I want to edit the file name when I click the extension then? I have a couple of use cases for editing the extension though, knowing that most people should not do that indeed. But I want to.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

for advance users like you, ctrl+f2 it must be :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:the inactive pane shows with inactive colors, but when it becomes active it shows whatever background is appropriate
No, this is a bug - it also manifests when <Alt+Clicking> a folder where the previous (inactive) location was an archive. The "archive background" colour persists even though the contents themselves change. Yes, it returns to normal when "active", but until that happens the user is left with a misleading sense of the content-state of the inactive pane which defeats the purpose of applying the background colour to archive in the first place.

And (just as an opinion) Tux's idea is a good one, though anyone who turns off "known extensions" should be shunned as blatantly weird. :wink: Why would you think it's "not a good idea"? Seems more than reasonable.

And (I have my doubts but) would there be any benefit in suggesting that <F2> be the iterative-key instead of having to switch to <Tab>? In other words, hitting <F2> again inside the name-edit field would switch to the next editable column field (one key to rule them all). For us single-click activation miscreants (who have no choice but to use <F2>), it would make the workflow a lot more "flowier". :D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I'm not with you, what bug? The inactive pane always is gray, be it archive, filtered or whatever
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Umm... no - if you browse into a 7z file (for example), the background colour switches to archive as expected. But if you then switch to the opposite pane, that archive colour persists (in the now inactive pane). Thus, if you use <Alt> to change the location of the inactive pane, the newly displayed contents still show as archive when they are not.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what is you on aboot? see proof
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Your QED is backwards, Batman. In the active pane, click into an archive, then activate the opposite pane. The previous pane does not revert to the inactive colour. I assumed this behaviour was intended (as it's useful), however, I recognise that it falls apart if subsequently manipulating inactive pane contents.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

not! do you have the advaced option set "color coding applied on inactive views"?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Well of course I do - that's only civilised! (I wouldn't think that whole-pane-"background" colours counted as part of that option, only those of the contents.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i updated the installers so that they are not flagged as "malware" by the eejits mcaffee (got the latest NSIS version)
as for the trifling paint bug, I will sort it out in the first opportunity build 3201, as soon as something more substantial needs fixing
no need to download again obviously, if you already have v3.2
astewart

Post by astewart »

nikos wrote:do you have the advaced option set "color coding applied on inactive views"?
I also have this set. Unsetting makes it behave as you say. I also consider having archive bg applied to the inactive pane as useful. I thought it was a feature.

Alan