Which ribbon bar commands are lacking?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

moorpipe

Which ribbon bar commands are lacking?

Post by moorpipe »

I'm one of the very few who really likes ribbon bars :oops:
However, in the help file I found a note saying "Most xplorer² menu commands are present on the ribbon but for accessing all the commands you need to turn off the ribbon from "File" menu."
Is there a list of those missing commands?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which ribbon bar commands are lacking?

Post by nikos »

there is no list but the most frequent commands are there. If you want to find any other commands use the command finder (ribbon's FILE menu then HELP submenu)
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

A command I remember not being available in the ribbon was 'save settings now' from the Actions menu.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Not exactly on-topic, but what's more curious as a pub-quiz trivia question is "What command is available in the Ribbon yet is not available in the normal menu?"

As far as I recall, there's only 1... :wink: (and Nikos is not allowed to answer)
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

show normal menu?

although that is available by unchecking ribbon in View menu so that's probably not it
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

No, it's nothing sneaky like that - it's actually a useful command, just one that didn't exist before the ribbon was added and Nikos didn't consider it worth retrofitting into the normal menu (or even mentioning in the changelog), though it can be set as a keyboard shortcut and/or menuhack toolbar-button.

Give you a hint: it's under the "Home" tab, which narrows it down to 21 possibilities.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

New item?

Is the Queue command under the Copy to button the same as Queue status in the Edit menu?
neither seemed to do anything useful

btw, several of the paste commands are not in the ribbon
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Yep, "New Item" is it... essentially the same as right-clicking empty-space in a pane and using the context entry Explorer -> New. Not tremendously exciting, but previously there was no "direct route" for creating a shell item (other than a folder or a "generic" empty file). Any other file-manager would have this under the File menu as a matter of common-sense, but Nikos will be Nikos. For those interested, the Menuhack reference is 33270.

The Queue commands are both the same - they only "do something" when there's actually items still left in the transfer queue (i.e. unstarted jobs). I always thought that aspect of x2-transfer could use a bit more practical bling - but apparently Nikos has never seen the point of proper queue-management. :shrug: