migrate virtual machines

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: migrate virtual machines

Post by Kilmatead »

So... what you're sayin' is... all those nuclear bombs I see in Hollywood films (a repository of truth if ever there was) that have cool little digital displays on them, with keycodes and blinking lights and stuff and usually manage to get disarmed by cutting the red-wire in a crisis... they're really just wobbly old 8-inch floppies in disguise? Hopefully they still make that familiar "hissing" sound as they spin in their sheaths. Which, come to think of it, is kind of a friction thing... 40-odd years of friction (even allowing for carbon-dust lubrication) isn't exactly known to be technologically robust... Dr. Strangelove, say it isn't so! :cry:
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

Test sets and installations are one thing, bombs are a horse of a totally different color, and I'm not privy to the upgrade paths for that hardware.

Since most are designed to last 30+ years in storage, I'd expect similar technology levels, but using miniaturized components.

But no one puts displays in bombs! That's crazy talk! :lol:
IsoBuster

Post by IsoBuster »

pj wrote:But no one puts displays in bombs! That's crazy talk!
What ?
Next you're going to tell me that those huge red blinking LEDs on covert tracking and listening devices in the movies are not real either ?
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

IsoBuster wrote:
pj wrote:But no one puts displays in bombs! That's crazy talk!
What ?
Next you're going to tell me that those huge red blinking LEDs on covert tracking and listening devices in the movies are not real either ?
Now that's just silly! How else would you know it was working without the blinking lights? Come on, be reasonable man. This is the same government that puts "Secret Service" in large letters on the back and front of their agents. Of course they know what they're doing!!!