here's another beta
www.zabkat.com/test/xplorer2_setup64_ult_beta.exe
only 64 bit now but judging from the tester feedback that's all that's needed
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: beta 3209

Post by Kilmatead »

Changelog wrote:registry option CLVOPT_NOEASYBGMENU(=1048576) ensures solid full row selection
As I couldn't find a settings editor option for this, the manual approach seems to be the way to go for the moment. For anyone interested, that's the binMiscOptions entries under both xplorer2_UC\Left pane settings and Right pane settings.

And, just for amusement's sake, Nikos, when you get into silly numbers (1048576) it's safe to switch into more human-friendly hex (0x100000), since most calculators can do that now. Just sayin'. :wink: (And thanks for this fetish option, you grumpy git. :D I shall now quietly stroke my cat menacingly whilst planning my next complaint, as I did promise to shut up if you fixed this.)

For those more peaceful souls in the back who never thought they'd see the day when someone referred to base-16 as being "more human friendly", please relax as the memories of the better days of thy youth bubble up around thee comfortingly.)
namsupo

Post by namsupo »

At least it wasn't in octal!
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Not working for me, it freezes and I have to kill the process manually. I'm attaching the minidump.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1607, 64 bits.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

how did you get that minidump file? it doesn't make much sense to me. Moreover it seems to be stuck in some win32u.dll which I don't have on my system

try a reboot, then if it happens again give me some more information, e.g. how it gets stuck (what are you doing at the time), a snapshot of your xplorer2 window and try if you can get a minidump of the hung process as explained here
www.zabkat.com/blog/procdump-debug-hung-processes.htm
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Apparently, win32u.dll has been introduced by Microsoft since Windows 10 14251. It seems to export NtGdiXxxx, NtUserXxxx and NtDCompositionXxx apis.

I've got the minidump following your instructions using procdump, and yes, the aplication gets stuck every time I run it (no matter the reboots, in any circumstance).

This afternoon I'll try again and I'll get a screenshot (it doesn't pass the firts tips window).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

so it gets stuck immediately when you start it?
are you also running xplorer2 v3.2 on the same computer? how does that go?
http://www.networkworld.com/article/310 ... ezing.html

ps. for really weird errors it could be your antivirus to blame