How to clear history?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

lank

How to clear history?

Post by lank »

I'd like to clear folder history but not having any success. Is there an easy way to do that? As an example clicking on the down arrow to show folder history never gets cleaned up even though I thought I'd cleaned from registry and .ini files. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

xplorer2 Ultimate v3.3.0 ULT
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to clear history?

Post by nikos »

the only way you can do that at present is registry/INI editing while xplorer2 is NOT running.
also note that the addressbar shows lots of other things in the drop-down portion, like bookmarks, frequent folders etc
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Ah, the glory of embarrassing histories which quickly become a subject for deletion. As a German, I know how that feels. I still wonder why there is such a market for professional { web browser, file system folder, political } history cleaning - is that some act of revolt against the Big Brother, assuming he'll delete his copy of your history when you delete yours?

Leaving strange associations to Kilmatead for now :) , I (somehow) never felt the urge to clear my folder history. I keep my "most used folders" as favorites and/or bookmarks, depending on what system I'm on, and I don't care about the file explorer history. :shrug:
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
lank

Post by lank »

Not really embarrassing history. Just too much. Some history can be removed as I so rarely copy.move.navigate to those folders.drives.