Drag and drop Toolbar icons

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

C0ppert0p

Drag and drop Toolbar icons

Post by C0ppert0p »

The ability to drag and drop icons from one tool bar to another would be a great new feature. My work flow contain many folder pairs I work with frequently, so I create toolbar entries for them. Too many to hold in one toolbar, so I created multiple tool bars. It would have been convenient to drag and drop an icon from one tool bar to another, when I needed to use use folder or folder pairs common to multiple toolbars, instead of manually editing each toolbar and add the icons.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drag and drop Toolbar icons

Post by nikos »

sorry that's not possible. You can rearrange buttons within a single toolbar with shift+drag but that's about it
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Drag and drop Toolbar icons

Post by pj »

Coppertop: Have you looked at using the MenuHack "extension" to create more generic toolbar buttons to manage dual bookmarks? I have these three user commands defined and as buttons on my main toolbar:

Open DL (Open Dual bookmarks)
>"{your path}\MenuHack.exe" 33180

Ognz DL (OrGaNiZe DuaL bookmarks)
>"{your path}\MenuHack.exe" 33179

Add DL (Add current bookmarks as new Dual Bookmark)
>"{your path}\MenuHack.exe" 33178

Replace {your path} with the path that you saved MenuHack.exe in and keep the quotes if the path contains any spaces.

I find it gives me quick and easy access to my dual bookmarks. I select from a list instead of individual buttons, but the ability to add and delete as needed with a button or two is very useful. I have a similar set of commands and buttons for my regular (single) bookmarks, too.

==================================
PJ in (sunny) FL