xplorer2 half price sale today

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

xplorer2 half price sale today

Post by nikos »

if you are stuck with an older xplorer2 version here's your chance for a cheap xmas pressie :)
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/xplorer/saf=501425
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: xplorer2 half price sale today

Post by Kilmatead »

Hope the lousy 7 quid you pocket after their self-appointed "generous" commission goes further in Cyprus than it would in the rest of the world. However, knowing a thing or two about island-economies... I have a Machiavellian mouse I can send them, just to give you a modicum of satisfaction knowing they won't sleep for a month. :wink:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I am not very happy with BDJ sales, they're going from bad to worse. It seems that only "old" customers do most of the buying so why do I need to share them with BDJ? :idea:
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I'm convinced that if more people knew where their "support" monies for small dev's really go (when it comes to the self-aggrandising of BDJ), they wouldn't be so happy with their so-called "deals". But, then again, I was about to send you to your mate's site, when I discovered you had already been there... spooky... of all the gin-joints in all the internets...

I might add that it's a tad strange that you're using your own email-list to tell these self-same old-customers to go there (and you probably don't even get share of BDJ's referral rate). This is not logical, Captain. :shock:
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

Why do you make it so difficult to help you?

At one time there was a method to provide a donation. Heck, from the forum I can't even find a decently easy way to get to zabkat.com from the index or any page. Why do you keep it a secret?

Then if the user is really determined they go looking about the Help options in x2. Hey what about "Online Support"? Has the word "online", but NO, just generates a useless email. Doesn't even populate the email with useful links to the web site or the forum.

"Check for updates" doesn't seem likely, as most programs do that as a background task, but, lo and behold, finally a web page! Not the home page but at least there's finally a link.

When the user finally gets there, I could buy yet another license, but I already have every license that you've offered, I could "like" you but, you know that's just so .... , or I could even tweet you but, not being a twit in the twit-erverse, I'll skip that too. So instead it might be nice to toss a beer or two your way via a donate button. Hey, if Wikipedia can be supported by donations ....

And there it's ..... NOT!

No idea how big your user base is, but if 1% tossed you a fiver instead of buying another license (how likely is that?) you might have enough beer to prevent the holiday blues, at least for a day or two.

--------------------------------
PJ in FL
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

There is, weirdly, a toolbar button which is for "Donate" (really, there is, it links you directly to the begging bowl). Exactly why he'd place it as an object that would be the first thing 99% of users would remove is anybody's guess. A man is always his own worst enemy. (Unless there's alimony overdue, but that's a tale for another toolbar...)

(There's also the start-menu entry, which links to the website... oh look, the html snowflakes are back! Ah, bless.)
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

Kilmatead wrote:There is, weirdly, a toolbar button which is for "Donate"
I'm beginning to understand the origins of the phrase "It's Greek to me"! Has nothing to do with the character set of the words, but with the mindset (or lack thereof?) of the user base. And don't encourage him to add a toolbar button for "Alimony". I'm afraid that may have just jumped to the top of his enhancement list!
Kilmatead wrote:(There's also the start-menu entry, which links to the website...
Not if the installation is portable, which I'm preferring more of my programs to be.

To move my working environment from one computer to another, I don't have to do anything more than duplicate a USB thumb drive that has the working environment set up and plug it in. With 32GB thumb drives so cheap they're almost paying you to take them it makes more sense to set up programs on a thumb drive than even an SSD. Yes the SSD is a few orders of magnitude faster, but program load time adds a second or two to my workflow.

------------------------
PJ in (grumpy) FL
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

donate button (aka tip me yer cheapskate :)) is default for the free lite version. If I relied on this source of income I would be in the soup line...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Kilmatead wrote:I'm convinced that if more people knew where their "support" monies for small dev's really go (when it comes to the self-aggrandising of BDJ), they wouldn't be so happy with their so-called "deals"
consumer beware: BDJ are not exceptional. Whenever you see any sort of sale in some e.g. supermarket, chances are that the producer is offering (paying) it and not the supermarket. For software it's not a big deal because there are no "production costs" but for real products... But anyway where would we be as a mankind without super offers? :xmas: