Drive bar with breadcrumb info is gone. (+ date format)

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Telemacus

Drive bar with breadcrumb info is gone. (+ date format)

Post by Telemacus »

Had to reinstall windows on my computer becasue the latest W10 update went totally wrong (it suddenly stopped and said it couldn´t upgrade the system, but then nothing worked).
So, the issue that I'm having is that there used to be a drive bar at the top with the breadcrumb info, BUT I could actually highlight it and copy it (very useful to me, particularly when installing new programs and telling the installation program where to install it). At present, that bar only shows the drives.
The panel's title does show the breadcrumb at present, but I can't highlight it.

Also, I can't find the option to shorten the date info. At present, it's dd/mm/yyyy/ hh:mm:ss which is kind of extremely long. I'd rather have d/m/yy h:mm for example. How do I change that?

:beer:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drive bar with breadcrumb info is gone. (+ date format)

Post by nikos »

the drivebar never had any crumbs, and the crumb-bar on each pane's titlebar is just for clicking. You must be thinking of windows explorer?

to shorten the date information use your control panel and adjust the short date format to taste
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

You can copy the active folder address from the Address bar (“View | Toolbars > Address bar”).
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Thanks Nikos, Robert.

Regarding the “View | Toolbars > Address bar” nothing happens when I switch it on / off.

If you look at the picture below, where the arrow is, that's where I used to be able to copy the adress from. Nothing is shown now for some reason. :cry:
iswear.png
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

So if you right click on the drive bar (the one you show a blue arrow on) does it show you that the Address bar is activated (checked)?

Normally the Address bar is on its own line/row but you can drag it to be on the same row as the drivebar.
Capture.PNG
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Thanks FrizzleFry. (yes, I did mean the address bar rather than the drive bar!)

Yes, when I right click on the drive bar, it does show as checked, but it I uncheck it, nothing happens, there's no change. It's like if the address bar was hiding somewhere and whether I tick it or not makes no difference.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

press F10 key and see if the addressbar appears. If it doesn't, move around the other toolbars a bit (grabbing them from their leftmost handle) and see if it is somewhere squashed
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Thanks Nikos, that worked!! :beer: