Upgrade from Pro to Ultimate edition

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

moorpipe

Upgrade from Pro to Ultimate edition

Post by moorpipe »

Today I wanted to upgrade my pro edition (v3.4.0.1) to the ultimate edition. I expected a discount. I quote "If you own a license to xplorer² professional v3.x you can upgrade to the ultimate version paying just the difference in price ($20). Please have your v3.x professional unlock key ready as it is required for the upgrade process."
But after pasting my key the system replies with "Unfortunately your professional key is more than a year old, so you cannot upgrade at a discount. If you need the ultimate version please purchase a new license."
Admittedly I found 2 other locations mentioning the word "recent(ly)".

"Unfortunately the only upgrade path to xplorer² ultimate is for customers owning a recent v3.x professional license. If you have xplorer² lite or an old v1.x or v2.x professional license then to get the ultimate edition you need to purchase a new license.

"If you bought xplorer² professional v3.x recently you can upgrade to the ultimate edition paying just for the difference in price, that is only $20. To take advantage of this offer please copy then paste your existing xplorer² license key in the box below, then click on the upgrade button."

At first there's no mention of a certain time frame at all; all you need is v3.x Pro. At the other locations the word "recent(ly)" is introduced. But still no mention of a time frame, besides I have the most recent version. Only after submitting the key the time frame appears to be 12 months.

I find this misleading and not fair.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade from Pro to Ultimate edition

Post by nikos »

please send me a support email (use xplorer2 HELP menu) and I'll see what can be done for you