xplorer2 v3.5 final released

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: xplorer2 v3.5 final released

Post by Kilmatead »

otlaolap wrote: A color-tagged label in list view ought to work (it's only my opinion of course) like full-row select in details view.
That would be solved by this (CLVOPT_NOEASYBGMENU). Applies to both 'details' and 'list' pane styles. Of course, if you actually like the god-awful (evil, evil, evil) EASYBGMENU, then you're in trouble. :wink:
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

Thanks for that pointer to the CLVOPT_NOEASYBGMENU fix. It works fine, and now items inside rectangles behave nicely when clicked. Initially when I tried it, nothing changed, and I reported that in this post; but subsequently I made a new trial, after deleting entirely the registry entry for xplorer2 so that it would be generated anew, and now the CLVOPT_NOEASYBGMENU fix works. So I removed my original post at this spot and changed it to this.
Last edited by otlaolap on 2017 Oct 05, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Well, you must have done something wrong, because I've been using the setting for the last year or so without issue. (I just tested it by subtracting to deactivate it and then reapplied and both states acted as expected.) Remember that it must be done for both left and right panes separately, with x2 completely shut down (yes, I know you've been around here long enough to know this, but just for anyone else reading this). If you accidentally add the wrong number (even just a single digit) the appropriate bits won't be set and nothing will happen.

Also, remember that this is on a per-layout basis, so if you're not using the layout you changed, not much will happen either.

It would, of course, be a lot simpler if Nikos just added this (and lesser-known ones such as bEllipsis) to the advanced settings, but he must be wearing butt-protection 'cause everytime I kick him there he just shrugs it off. :D
Last edited by Kilmatead on 2017 Oct 05, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

Kilmatead wrote: 2017 Oct 05, 21:37 Well, you must have done something wrong
Ouch. The preceding two posts crossed in the mail. The first one initially described a "problem", and shortly after making the post I discovered something strange, so, since it was only a short time, I thought I'd take the rubbish out before it cluttered up the forum. Meanwhile, in that instant, Kilmatead had read and replied. So now i've done two things wrong -- made the initial post, and made the subsequent cleanup without leaving intact the trash that was initially there. Sorry for the resulting confusion to future redears of this thread.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

That's ok - glad it works. Nikos deserves this kind of messy thread for making us jump through these silly hoops to begin with. He is a moderator after all, let him edit it all out. :evil:

* But if he removes the quip about "butt-protection" I'll make it my life's purpose to just keep kicking out of sheer spite. I'm tenacious that way. :twisted:
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

Except it doesn't really work. I've tracked down the problem I encountered earlier. If you have checked "disable some vista effects (e.g. highlight of item under cursor") in the advanced serttings editor, then the CLVOPT_NOEASYBGMENU option does not work for the purpose we are discussing (at least for me). The clicks inside the rectangle do not apply themselves to the item in the rectangle but instead to the great blank background of the pane. So I'm back to where I started -- wishing clicks inside the rectangle applied to the items and not to the whitespace. (Or I'm stuck with Vista effects.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

so to sum this all up, this has nothing to do with color tags but it is only the vista effects (or lack thereof), and that's the way it worked all the time, and cannot be changed
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

nikos wrote: 2017 Oct 06, 05:23 this has nothing to do with color tags but it is only the vista effects (or lack thereof)
Yes, that seems to be a good summary of what is happening. Didn't know about the vista effects when I asked the question initally. Don't like the hot-tracking, personally, but will pick that or live with clicking on text. Nonetheless I will use the color tags; they are nice.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Funny thing, when Vista Effects are disabled, only 'List' style is effected... details ('report') style still responds to the changeable EASYBGMENU state. Odd.
otlaolap wrote:Nonetheless I will use the color tags; they are nice.
They'd be nicer if the rectangle had uniform thickness. Just sayin'. :twisted: :wink:

And off topic, why is it I only now (after 10 years) figured out that your name is Palo Alto backwards? Or maybe figured it out before and I just keep forgetting? It's a glitch in the Matrix either way. (In fact, I think I have figured it out before but the Adjustment Bureau keeps resetting my brain each time, protecting your secret.) I just thought you were Vietnamese or something :shock:. Then again everyone thinks that wordy-people like myself are good at crosswords and playing Scrabble - two things I'm hopeless at. Must be getting old. Where are my Laurence Welk records...