Drag select with scrolling window not working after Windows 10 Creators Update

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

push2flush

Drag select with scrolling window not working after Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by push2flush »

Just had to install the Windows 10 Creators update last night and I just noticed that I can no longer drag select a number of files in a scrollable window from top down. In other words, in any xplorer2 window with scroll bar, if I try to drag-select files in any direction when the window is scrolled to the top, once I start dragging, the window automatically scrolls to the bottom, and my mouse jumps to the bottom corner of the window. This seems only to occur when dragging-selecting from the top of the scrollable window down and not from the bottom up. It also doesn't occur at allow with a non-scrollable window. This issue doesn't occur in window explorer or other file browsers (i tested xyplorer and free commander). There appears to be no issues with my mouse.

Xplorer2 version: 3.5.0.1 ULT x64 10/22/2017
Windows 10 Creators Edition

dropbox link to video showing the issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5t7ioknp5ybq ... nQcpa?dl=0
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drag select with scrolling window not working after Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by nikos »

sorry but I cannot reproduce that
namsupo

Re: Drag select with scrolling window not working after Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by namsupo »

Possibly a dpi issue?
jwfitt

Post by jwfitt »

I've been having the exact same issue since the latest Window 10 updates rolled out. Happening on both my desktop machine and my Surface Pro 4.

I believe I am using the same exact windows and xplorer2 versions as push2flush.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I will try to reproduce and fix this issue once I get the latest windows update
bobbel

Post by bobbel »

I regged to this forum just to inform for this issue, too.

Unfortunately I'm very limited at the moment using xplorer2 because of that.
Manually selecting/marking a large number of files (over the visual area/horizontal scollbar) is impossible with the latest Windows 10 build using Xplorer2.
Explorer is fine...
I hope nico will soon solve this for us all.

bobbel
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this is a problem for more or less ALL programs except for windows explorer, see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/476 ... pdate-1629

until Microsoft provide a bugfix you can get the 32 bit version of xplorer2 which works fine
bobbel

Post by bobbel »

I have still the same problems with the 32bit Version.
If you try to bunch select files the selection flies over the whole screen...
Working with autofilter makes selection it lesser annoying but its no permanent solution...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

are you sure you are running the 32 bit version? you can test this either with the task manager (detailed tab) or using HELP > ABOUT menu command in xplorer2, does it say x64 or nothing?
namsupo

Post by namsupo »

I worked out this only happens if the listview has a horizontal scrollbar as well as vertical. Nothing to do with 32/64 bit.