Always show DVD/BD Drives without a disc inserted

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Eagle4Z

Always show DVD/BD Drives without a disc inserted

Post by Eagle4Z »

I hope all is well....

I have been using this lovely program for many years and consider this program an essential add-on to any Windows computer...period

So let me take this opportunity to say "Thanks" to Nikos for all the continued upgrades over the years...

My system has 83TB of storage..... A through R are in the case...S through Z are in three MediaSonic 4 Bay enclosures...

I use all of the alphabetical letters from A through Z....

I have noticed that in the recent editions of xplorer² Professional that my D & E Drives (DVD/BD units) do not show themselves until a disc is inserted...

Is there a way to set this function to always show these two DVD/BD drives without inserting a disc ?

I realize that this is a very minor point but I am just curious to know if I can change the functionality of this part of the program....

"Thanks"

Eagle4Z
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Always show DVD/BD Drives without a disc inserted

Post by nikos »

use TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS menu command and search/tick the option "don't check for empty drives..." in GLOBAL property page
kdaube

Re: Always show DVD/BD Drives without a disc inserted

Post by kdaube »

Thank You Nikos - I just haven't found this in the help files (or did I search for the wrong keywords). Anyway: problem solved!