Windows 10 Sets cause Xplorer2 to lose settings

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

paulrus

Windows 10 Sets cause Xplorer2 to lose settings

Post by paulrus »

I have a weird issue. With Xplorer2 (unlimited or whatever the forever license is called) and Microsoft sets. If I double click an image it opens Photos in a new tab next to Xplorer2. If I close that Photos tab alone, everything is fine, but if I close both Xplorer2 and Photos at the same time by click the upper right-hand X, it causes Xplorer to delete it's settings and start as if it'd just been installed for the first time.

I've had it happen several times now, so I've taken to saving my settings in another folder as a backup for when it happens.

This is Windows 10 build 17655.

-Paul
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Windows 10 Sets cause Xplorer2 to lose settings

Post by johngalt »

If you want, you can disable sets for particular programs - that's what I had to do as Sets was interfering with the Secure Delete function, specifically the progress window for secure deletes, catching it as a new tab for X² for small slices of time, and then disappearing, making it look like X² had temporarily minimized / disappeared.

See my post here on how to disable Sets for a particular app:

viewtopic.php?p=72661#p72661

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 Sets cause Xplorer2 to lose settings

Post by nikos »

if xplorer2 resets its settings it is possible that it doesn't like your license or it believes it's being hacked.