Cursor key does not work as expected

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cursor key does not work as expected

Post by otlaolap »

In panes with style large icons, thumbnails, and minithumbs, the cursor-right key (the right-arrow key) advances from the selected file rightward across the screen and, when it hits the edge, continues down to the next line and so on, until it is in the last line. Then, instead of stopping when it hits the final file, it jumps back up a line as if the up key had been pressed and then continues cycling to the right, in a never-ending loop. This is unexpected (certainly compared to Windows' explorer).

In panes with style small icons, the cursor-right key gets stuck at the end of each line, never advancing to the next, unless it is in the last line, where when it gets to the last file it jumps back one line and continues moving rightward, getting stuck at the end of that line. This is doubly unexpected.

(Win 7 64-bit; X2 64-bit 4.0.0.1)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cursor key does not work as expected

Post by nikos »

small icons is a useless view mode, but I will fix the "problem" with the large icon mode :)
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

nikos wrote: 2018 May 10, 14:43 small icons is a useless view mode
I discovered the problem using thumbnails, which for me right now is a very useful mode, but thought I'd test before posting and stumbled on the other cases. Looking forward to the fix.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I have actually looked into it and the bad news is that the listview control's own doing, not xplorer2. So it isn't easy to fix and given the low impact of the "feature" it won't be treated anytime soon :(
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

Well . . . (I miss Kilmatead who surely would have appeared at this point)

OK -- not a big deal -- AutoHotkey allows me to intercept, detect, and fix this for the application where it matters to me. Thanks again for your open design and the 3XXXX clearly exposed codes.