Install Listary and overload your type-to-find. :D
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: xplorer2 top 10 super trix

Post by johngalt »

I make extensive use of the dual pane bookmarks.

Previously, I used to have several tabs open in each pane, such as Most of my Windows special folders (Docs, Downloads, etx.) in the left hand pane, and many storage locations that were not located in my user profile on the right side to make moving files around for archival / storage purposes a lot easier.

What I finally figured out was that, in most cases, I used any given tab in the left hand pane almost exclusively with 1 or 2 tabs in the right hand pane. ANd saving those pairs that I use on a daily basis allowed me to remove the clutter of having anywhere from 15-20 tabs open every time I opened Xplorer², instead opening it with 1 tab on each side, and being able to readily change tab sets from the bookmarks menu.

Also, file color coding - In addition to the standard blue for encrypted files, I've added a rule to color code files that have both Hidden and System attributes enabled (+H +S), so that the are black background and yellow text. Makes for a lot easier recognition of files I should not accidentally delete :)

I've also added (in advanced options) pane color coding for when I am looking at a filtered view, as well as when I am looking inside an archive.

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

bonus tip I use all the time: type a part of a path in the addressbar then hitting UP key to fetch the path. Works with system folders like shell:downloads, stored bookmarks, frequently used folders etc
neko
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by neko »

nikos wrote: 2018 May 14, 05:30 bonus tip I use all the time: type a part of a path in the addressbar then hitting UP key to fetch the path. Works with system folders like shell:downloads, stored bookmarks, frequently used folders etc
That was nice, thank you!
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

I use color coding to highlight new files (created past 24 hrs). I also use very specific color coding rules that only label one specific folder to make my most important folders stand out.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

for individual folder/item marking purposes, color tagging (not coding - the one from CUSTOMIZE menu) is more efficient
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

nikos wrote: 2018 May 30, 13:20 for individual folder/item marking purposes, color tagging (not coding - the one from CUSTOMIZE menu) is more efficient
I set this up before color tagging. Still with custom color coding you get the options to make things bold, italicized, change the color of the text, and in my case change the color of the text background. I’m not a big fan of drawing a colored box around the column.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

bonus item: search for some text in files, then press F3 on the selected (found) item to open in editor2, then another F3 to jump to the keyword found!