New Word document problem

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

victor50

New Word document problem

Post by victor50 »

I had the drop and drag problem and after some searching again I found the post that it doesn't work when in admin mode. So that was fixed, although this has been working in admin mode for some time, so I guess it broke again because of the april update of Windows 10 I applied in july. However, now it is impossible to create a new Word document. After R-click>explorer>new the only available option is "folder". In the windows explorer this is not so. *sigh*
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Word document problem

Post by nikos »

are you running xplorer2 normally or as administrator? Try running xplorer2 normally and the NEW submenu should work like in windows explorer
victor50

Re: New Word document problem

Post by victor50 »

I thought this happened when I switched from admin mode (by way of re-adapting properties in shortcut; could create word document in admin mode) to non-admin, as stated above. Retried it in admin mode (both by adapting properties and using the menu-option in explorer2) to no avail.

However (I thought I tested this thoroughly, but no) it seems that it does work on all folders save linked ones. So on H:\VG it works, on D:\_VG (link to H:\VG) it doesn't work. It doesn't work in Windows explorer too, so the fault is nog in xplorer2. Probably something with trusted locations.