v4.1 released

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

v4.1 released

Post by nikos »

here's the official announcement, use HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES menu command to get yours
www.zabkat.com/blog/macro-recorder-v41.htm
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Macros don't preserve full screen view

Post by pschroeter »

I just noticed something odd, macros don’t seem to like full screen windows.

I created a very simple macro that just triggers List View (command 32782) so I could run it from a toolbar button. When I click the button with xplorer² in full screen the window shrinks down very slightly around the edges and drops out of full screen. If I trigger List View anyplace else without the macro the window stays full screen. I can even start in List View and run the macro and watch the window shrink. This macro replaced one I created with MenuHack and I don’t remember it having this problem.

I have other simple macros attached to buttons for Show All, Invert Selection, Mini thumbs, and a few more that also shrink the window slightly. I also have a more complicated macro I created with the brand new macro recorder that I attached to a toolbar button that does the same thing.

Okay, I just ran all my macros from Customize > Macros submenu and they all shrink the window too.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: v4.1 released

Post by nikos »

I see it too, weird! I'll add this to the buglist to be fixed
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

Here is a trivial bug for you. If I select record macro, the GUI opens up top right of my screen, and is also partially hidden. If I move the GUI to the centre of the screen, close it, then reopen it again, it stays in the middle. However, if i restart x2, the GUI goes back to the top right corner again.
Vas
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

which gui is that, the macro record dialog?
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Edit a macro after it’s saved

Post by pschroeter »

Is there a way to edit a macro after it’s saved without running it first? I don’t see a way to do it in Macros > Organize… which is where I would expect to find it.

“Edit Macro…” should really be called “Edit Last Macro Run…”

Also, the “More…” dialog at the bottom of the Macro menu seems slightly redundant given the “Organize…” dialog. The “More…” dialog really just seems like a strip down version of the “Organize…” dialog.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

"organize macro" menu command allows you to change the macro definition, but it isn't ideal (small space)
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

Hi, it's the first dialogue box you see when you press Record Macro, it only has two buttons; Finish and Cancel
Vas
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

Pretty cool!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

vserghi wrote: 2018 Sep 19, 10:48 Hi, it's the first dialogue box you see when you press Record Macro, it only has two buttons; Finish and Cancel
this mini-dialog is supposed to appear in the top-LEFT corner of xplorer2 window. It remembers its location during the program, but upon restart it goes back top-left. But top-right and partially hidden was never in the plan!? Anybody else seeing this?
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

nikos wrote: 2018 Sep 19, 05:53 "organize macro" menu command allows you to change the macro definition, but it isn't ideal (small space)
It wasn't obvious to me that I could even scroll down in the Description in the Properties dialog, it doesn't show scroll bars. I think of the properties dialog as a File operation rather than a Macro. I really would rather have easier access to the Macro editor.
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

Sorry a small booboo, it is at the top left that it appears :oops:, but it is still partially hidden.

Apologies, bizarrely I see one thing and write another
Vas
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

that's more like it :)
ok I see what you mean in MAXimized window it appears somewhat off, because a maximized window really extends outside the screen. No harm done though!