Macro recorder use

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jcmn

Macro recorder use

Post by jcmn »

I decided to try the new macro recorder but i am very disappointed with it.

Let's show what i did:

- Find lnk files in the Start Menu folders of the system
- Copy the found files to another folder.

That´s what the Macro recorder created:

COMMAND 32778
POP 0
FINDCLASS ATL:BrowserListView
FINDCLASS ATL:BrowserListView
SETFOCUS
SELECT 11

Even not being familiar with the commands it seems that it has differences from what i did. Mainly the choosen folders don't appear in the script.

if I save the macro it doesn't appear in the macro list going to Customize - macros- organize.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Macro recorder use

Post by nikos »

did you watch the demo video about the macro recorder? Your macro seems to be using the "clone browse" command instead of search. What exactly did you do with xplorer2 user interface?
jcmn

Post by jcmn »

nikos wrote: 2018 Sep 17, 12:52 did you watch the demo video about the macro recorder? Your macro seems to be using the "clone browse" command instead of search. What exactly did you do with xplorer2 user interface?
My steps to create the macro:

-Click the button "Macro" as is in the video (a window appear with the buttons Finish and cancel).
- Open a scrap container with Ctrl-F
- In the Find Files and Folders window choose the folders in Look in and the file type in Named.
- Execute the find
- Select all files in the scrap container and copy them to the destination folder.
- Finnish the recording.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I did the first part of this macro and it worked as expected (find files). Combining the 2 phases would be tricky because the search command could take a long time and there's currently no macro command for this scenario

try a simpler macro to get the hang of the situation, and then you can try more advanced situations