Fontsize of directory and file

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Michele17

Fontsize of directory and file

Post by Michele17 »

Hello,

I am using xplorer² verision 4.1.0.1 on Windows 10 1809 64-Bit. I have a laptop which is connected to an external monitor.

The problem is as following:
  • On the laptop monitor I have a resolution of 125% (Windows setting) and the xplorer² fontsize is set to 9 in the options settings of xplorer².
  • If I switch to the external monitor (resolution 100%, as it is bigger), the fontisize of xplorer² changes to 11, which is to big. If I change to a smaller size (e.g. 10) and go back to the laptop monitor, the fontsize is set to 8, which is to small.
In previous versions of xploprer² the fontsize kept constant, nethertheless which monitor resolution was used. How can I get rid of this behaviour?

Michele
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fontsize of directory and file

Post by nikos »

xplorer2 is not per monitor DPI aware at present. Most probably you can right click on its desktop icon and use some of the compatibility settings for display (through the shortcut property page)

I think what has changed in recent versions is xplorer2 advertising itself as "dpi aware". So another possibility is to find a file called xplorer2_64.exe.manifest in the installation folder, and remove the following lines (any text editor will do but you must be running with elevated privileges to edit the file in the installation folder)

Code: Select all

<asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
      <dpiAware>true</dpiAware>
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>
does it work?
Michele17

Post by Michele17 »

Hello,

thank you for your quick reply. I needed some time to test everything. The results are as following:
  • The change of the compatibilty settings of the display did not change everything of the behaviour.
  • Commenting the selected code in the manifest file was a solution, the font size did not change if I work on different monitors. The drawback of this solution is a blurred screen on the laptop monitor (not on the external one. Changing the compatibility settings for the dpi settings did not improve the situation.
  • I tried out xplorer² version 4.1.0.0, and here everything is fine.
My workaround: saving the monitor layouts and recall the proper layout for the correct screen.

Here the detailed description of my situation, maybe you can reproduce it:
  • Start the laptop, using the internal monitor (125% display resolution, set by windows properties).
  • Start xplorer², fontsize is set to 9 (see screenshot).
  • Close xplorer²
  • Reboot laptop, using external monitor (100% display resolution).
  • Start xplorer², fontsize is set to 11 (see screenshot).
So the fontsize in the xplorer² options is chnging depending on the monitor resolution.

Michele
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you forgot the screenshots :)