Transfer window hangs when copying data to external drive

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Transfer window hangs when copying data to external drive

Post by dunno »

If the external memory drive doesn't have sufficient space for the data and a copy is initiated, X2's transfer window opens and freezes at initiation of copy, force closing the application is the only way to unfreeze it. (no messages are displayed).

If I initiate a copy to the same external drive with Windows explorer, explorer's copy window advises me that there's insufficient disk space on the external drive and nothing freezes.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Transfer window hangs when copying data to external drive

Post by nikos »

I just tried it, and both for USB sticks and USB hard disks, it gives out a reasonable error message without getting stuck?
which xplorer2 version are you running? If you are on v4.1 you can easily send me the stuck report as explained here
www.zabkat.com/blog/procdump-debug-hung-processes.htm
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

I reinstalled the latest version of X2 and all is working as advertised, no issues with the transfer window if destination drive is full.

Nikos a suggestion, The "Import Settings" is a bit unintuitive, I forgot that one has to highlight the settings file first before clicking on "Import Settings", would it be possible to make "Import Settings" more conventional, i.e. If one clicks on import settings then a sub-window opens with the ability to browse to the location of the "Settings" file on PC.

Is double clicking on the exported "Settings" file a valid way of restoring settings ?.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

double clicking the settings file will work but ONLY if your xplorer2 isn't running
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

nikos wrote: 2019 Feb 06, 06:25 double clicking the settings file will work but ONLY if your xplorer2 isn't running
I had forgotten that X2 must be closed. What harm is done by double clicking the settings if X2 is running ?.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no harm done, just nothing is updated