forum relocation

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

drac
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: forum relocation

Post by drac »

Speaking if kilmatead, as you were. Isn't there some way to find out what happened to him? Is he even still alive? There must be forum members that can find some info if someone has his real name. I would not want him to fade away without some acknowledgement of him and his contributions here and other places.
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

drac wrote: 2019 Mar 12, 18:42 Speaking if kilmatead, as you were. Isn't there some way to find out what happened to him? Is he even still alive? There must be forum members that can find some info if someone has his real name. I would not want him to fade away without some acknowledgement of him and his contributions here and other places.
Drac,

A few of us have already been talking about that. Any news from Kilmatead?

You're welcome to join us.

PJ
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

nikos wrote: 2019 Mar 12, 06:05 lately, with the way the forum goes, more interest in kilmatead than xplorer2, the real question is why do I keep it at all?
I think you answered your own question. At least for the time being.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I changed the forum database so that links to netez are now sent to the new forum. If you see any problems please let me know; thanks tuxman!
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

:beer:
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

Well, this explains a lot.

So, I use Firefox, and with Firefox, I don't just use the native containers feature, but an addon called Multi-Account containers. In a nutshell, it isolates credentials per container so you can log into the same site with different credentials simultaneously (seemingly).

One of my containers is called Forums. In it, I have several of the forums that I visit a lot - and this was one of them.

For at least the last couple of weeks, I had not been seeing any indications of new posts here. So, I'd briefly look at the page, see no new posts indicators, and move on.

Today, wanted to leave feedback, and noticed I was not logged in - odd, Fx has my login for here. Shrug, log in, and get to reading new posts.

By chance, this is the last new post I had to read with my login - and now the light has gone off in my head.

I really do hope PMs have been resurrected now, because I just sent you one, Nikos. I'd hate for you not to receive it (it's complimentary, not antagonistic).

So, basically, for the last several days, I've been loading (what I thought) was the NetEZ page only it was loading this page instead - and I never noticed because I never bothered to look at the URL.

Sigh.

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

PMs work