[Q]Custom toolbar buttons

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Pesho

[Q]Custom toolbar buttons

Post by Pesho »

Hello there,
how can i add toolbar button to select/mark all visible files and folders?

Also is there a way to add button to filter files based on predefined file types from advanced options menu (for examples button "Video" and when i click it to show only video file types)? - this is optional, it's not a big deal if there isn't a way, cuz it's accessible via autofilter button:)

BR,
Petar

edit: i forgot, it's a 2.5.0.4 PRO version
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Q]Custom toolbar buttons

Post by nikos »

you can right click on a toolbar to customize it, but it will only take menu commands that have a little icon next to them. So select all from MARK menu is ok, but UNselect all cannot go on a toolbar because it doesn't have any icon

there is a special tool called menuhack that you can use to add any command, even if without an icon, on the toolbar. For more information see here: https://www.zabkat.com/blog/15Nov09-men ... zation.htm

if you get the latest version 4, this type of thing can be done much more easily with macros. Macros can also help with your other request for video files etc
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

well, i already have Mark button. But it isn't single click action. You need to click and fill * to select all. I though may be there's a way using custom command to do this.

Is the migration from 2 to 4 an easy task? I mean will it preserve my settings, layout and so on or i have to set it up from scratch?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you install v4 over your existing (without uninstalling), it will automatically import your settings. However, if you plan to go back to v2, first backup your settings, because the reverse journey isn't as easy
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

Well, i found this long time ago by the hard way^^ I keep updated reg file :)

Is there a discount for existing customers who wants to upgrade to new major version?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

for v2.5 you are definitely out of the 2 year discount range: www.zabkat.com/u_info.htm
if you need help with the upgrade cost please send me an email
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

Well, sales & marketing is what i was doing for a living, for a long time (over ten years):)

As a customer - there's no way to make me buy the new version in that case.
I mean, typical customer feels that as a waste and actually, it is in some point. Do i need to explain it why, from a customer perspective i mean?

No offense,
Petar
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I don't know why people make a fuss spending $30 every 10 years, but it must be the customer psyche :)
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

It's not about the money, 20-30% discount of 30 bucks is nothing. It's about the principle, or positive user experience - pick one;)

May be you should think over a something like buy back - i get discount, but the old code gets burned (deactivated)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

at some point maybe this or next year, I will offer a discount for anybody that bought xplorer2 before, regardless of the time of purchase
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

Good:)

P.S. What do you mean by "Macros"? Just record user's actions or more like MS macros - record and transform user's actions into VB code?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

macros are not like VB, they automate the use of xplorer2 user interface, for more information see here
www.zabkat.com/blog/programmable-v40.htm