View->Arrange and programmable column

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

View->Arrange and programmable column

Post by otlaolap »

When I have a pane open in details view, and have defined and activated a programmable column, the View->Arrange menu does not initally list Programmable as one of the possible arrangements. Subsequently, if I click on the header of the Programmable column, the data is sorted by the contents of that column, and View->Arrange does list Programmable as one of the possible arrangements. But Programmable is always greyed out (disabled). Even after clicking one of the other arrangements, Programmable remains disabled. It seems impossible to use the menu to get data sorted by Programmable, even though the menu item exists. Is this something I did?

Is there a way using menus or 3XXXX message codes to sort on Programmable? This is possible with the other orderings. (Yes, I know I can use autohotkey to simulate a click on the header, but this hackery is less direct than is nice.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: View->Arrange and programmable column

Post by nikos »

the SORT BY menu cannot be used to sort by any non-standard column, but you can just click on the column header. Also, once you set the sort mode, it stays put, so you only have to click once
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: View->Arrange and programmable column

Post by otlaolap »

Ah, well, OK. The programmable column is great, by the way, and well worth the upgrade.