Sometimes, Quick Preview's images are fuzzy

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Sometimes, Quick Preview's images are fuzzy

Post by mimeryme »

How can I avoid having fuzzy preview images?
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Probably that's because the original is low-resolution, or magnified too much?

Then the shape is approximated with "mosaic" pattern, which makes it look fuzzy.
* All lines appear zigzagging
* All color planes appear "tiled"

The zoom control (in future) will take care of that.
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

Might it be magnifying the thumbnails? As it is, the images I see fuzzy in the preview are sometimes above 1000x1000px².

There's a zoom feature coming? Cool!
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Even reverse is true: When a large picture is zoomed out (to fit in smaller frames), it gets fuzzy (because the picture is approximated by dropping out many pixels).

Only the vector-generated pictures stay undistorted in any size, because the computer draws them afresh.

The zoom will NOT help you there, because in any case your pictiure is too large for the frame (unless you resize the quick viewer to match its original size).

BTW about that future zoom feature: actually I assumed that part-- All I can say at present is that it's there in the list.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I have always noticed that fuzzy (or grainy) effect in preview pane for pic-files. And assumed that it is a logical artifact from from a simple pixel decimation routine being used by x2. I think the question gets handed to nikos to indicate whether there will be a quality upgrade for this feature in the future.

But when I want to see my photos clearly, I use a photo viewer. I only use the preview pane to distinguish one pic from the next -- which it does well enough most of the time. :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

don't know why this happens.
it is a buglet that occurs only in XP and although i've seen it in the past, i don't anymore!
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

Hmm. I only started to use the quick preview feature recently. If I notice a trend of some sort, I'll be sure to report it.