You should add a link to your website to your Youtube videos

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

You should add a link to your website to your Youtube videos

Post by pschroeter »

I was looking at some of your howto videos on Youtube and I came across one titled "xplorer2 introduction and free trial[" that stuck out to me because there was a comment underneath asking "where the bleep is the link?" There isn't a link in the video comment and if you watch the video at the end there is a brief moment where the screen flashes "click here for your free trial" but it doesn't do anything. It seems odd to have an ad that doesn't provide a link to the product. I only found the zabkat.com link to your website on your Youtube About page. I think all your videos should have links to your website in the comments.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: You should add a link to your website to your Youtube videos

Post by nikos »

the original flash video had an actual embedded link there. It is not possible to have it in regular video files
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

No, but most videos on YouTube explain things with links in the description, and further explain things using the comments.

I think that is what the poster might have been trying to get across.

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

I was thinking more about the lost of revenue when someone might casually look at one of the videos and wonder how much and where to go to buy it. The example I gave was and actual ad for x2 and had no easy link to the zabbat.com. I think you would want to make impulse inquiries which might lead to impulse sales as easy as possible.
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

p,

Don't waste your time.

Try to find a link from the forum to ZABKAT Home. I've tried to point out to Nikos that impulsive people (the majority of humankind) need quick links.

They aren't going to see a video or happen on a user forum through GOOGLE search and then say, "Gee, that sounds interesting. Where's the link? Oh, I'll spend 5 minutes searching weird search terms in GOOGLE to see if I can find it".

Ain't gonna happen. But Nikos is happy with poverty. After all, he's Greek.

-----------------------------------
PJ in FL

P.S. - Nikos - If Kilmatead were still here, he'd have noticed and commented on the birthday notice in your blog post to Achiella. I'm truly sorry no one else did. I fear the heart is gone from the forum. :(
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I don't consider it wasted time - I make my recommendations, and move on - sometimes developers listen to me, and other times they don't.

As for Achiella - I noticed, and was going to mention it myself, and totally forgot :oops: - my comment was going to be something along the lines of "My, how time flies".

Thanks for the reminder, pj - and Happy (belated) Birthday to Achiella, Nikos!

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:thumbup:
mjbrookes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mjbrookes »

I would like to suggest adding a matching link visible on the web page https://www.zabkat.com/x2support.htm
perhaps at the bottom of the Left-hand-panel menu

TO ....
... List of xplorer2 videos
... Xplorer2 on YouTube

no doubt such a list is available elsewhere, but this is where I go to look for it.