Can you save the list of files you get when you search something?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Telemacus

Can you save the list of files you get when you search something?

Post by Telemacus »

Hi.
I do searches on my hard disks quite often. The most common ones are file types: *.whatever
It often takes something like 3-5 minutes to complete the search.
I get what I need, then shut the search window and it's all good. But then a few days later I need to find exactly that file type again. It takes anohter 5 minutes to do another search. I'm aware that renewing the search is basically necessary because I might have deleted some of those .whatever files or added news ones BUT it would be much easier for me to use the list that I got a couple of days earlier and then, perhaps, I'll program another search to update that list or something, just in case.
Can something like this be done at present? :?:
sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Can you save the list of files you get when you search something?

Post by sanferno »

Hi Telemacus,

You can save the results of your search into .cida files. Then, if you would like to review the results later, you just need to create a new "scrap" window and load the contents of that .cida file instantly.

The good thing is that you can change the parameters of the search and save the results to a new file or overwrite the old one. I think it is really flexible and probably what you are looking for.

Regards,
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if your searches are slow, you can achieve much faster results if you switch to the ultimate xplorer2 edition:
www.zabkat.com/blog/fast-desktop-search.htm
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Thanks a lot Sanferno, I didn't even know about .cida files, I'll try them!
Thanks Nikos. I currently have the pro, "eternal" version. I might consider the ultimate version in the future.