deleting folders

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

deleting folders

Post by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »

Hi,

Many times on xplorer2, when I want delete a folder that I was in before, I get this:

and I don't be use the folder or files in that folder in another program!
If I want do delete that folder, I've to close the xplorer2 and open again to can delete...

Thanks
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Have you got the latest version (0.0.0.51) ??

If yes, I know it's an silly question, but sometimes the obvious is overlooked: maybe you're using dual pane view and your other pane is somewhere in the folder you want to delete (or one of its subfolders)?

Another problem could be that you have a command prompt open which has as its current folder one of the subfolders of the folder to be deleted (or the folder itself)?

Just a few I can think of this instant, maybe there are more situations which may cause the problem...
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
VaMPiRiC_CRoW

Post by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »

Hi JRz,
JRz wrote:Have you got the latest version (0.0.0.51) ??
yes, but this happen with the previous versions too...
If yes, I know it's an silly question, but sometimes the obvious is overlooked: maybe you're using dual pane view and your other pane is somewhere in the folder you want to delete (or one of its subfolders)?
I use the dual pane, but don't have the same directory on both panes
Another problem could be that you have a command prompt open which has as its current folder one of the subfolders of the folder to be deleted (or the folder itself)?
Don't have the command prompt open in the same directory that I want do delete
Just a few I can think of this instant, maybe there are more situations which may cause the problem...
thanks ;)
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: deleting folders

Post by zippit »

VaMPiRiC_CRoW wrote:Hi,

Many times on xplorer2, when I want delete a folder that I was in before, I get this:

and I don't be use the folder or files in that folder in another program!
If I want do delete that folder, I've to close the xplorer2 and open again to can delete...

Thanks
Wrong forum,Move it to x2.
:roll:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Use the freeware http://www.dr-hoiby.com/WhoLockMe/WhoLockMe104.zip to find out what is locking up the folder. (After installing, just right-click on the folder and select wholockme option. )

It also has a facility to kill that process if you want to, so that you can free the folder and delete it.

BTW x2 can lock a streaming audio/video file (mp3, MPEG, etc) if its QuickViewer is ON. Turn the QuickViewer off and the item will be unlocked.

And don't bother about that "shift to x2 forum.." thing! That's because of reorganization in these forums, and besides, it's for the forum administrator to do something about it. ;)

All the best!
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

narayan, this is a little gem of a program, nice one. Isn't this a feature we asked for in x2?
Vas
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Actually Nikos gave the pointer to me. Yes, it's there in the list, but now that this tool is there, (and so well-integrated, too! ) we can put off its development priority (if at all it needs to be developed)
VaMPiRiC_CRoW

Post by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »

Ok, but why this happen with xplorer2!?

This doesn't happen with Windows Explorer!