Virtual drives invisible in v4.2.0.1

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

7leagues

Virtual drives invisible in v4.2.0.1

Post by 7leagues »

I have 3 virtual drives: X, Y, and Z. In my previous X2 v.2.5.0.4, they displayed perfectly in the tree to the left. In v4.2.0.1, they are invisible, even after refreshing the tree and yet they display perfectly in Windows Explorer. If I mount an ISO in X, for example, and then type X:\ in the address bar of X2, the contents are displayed but nothing appears in the tree on the left. This means the only way I can unmount an image is to open Windows Explorer and right click on the virtual drive to access the Eject or Unmount commands.

Is there something I need to do in X2 to make virtual drives visible, please?

Update:
It appears to be a Windows 10 anomaly because, if I click on 'This PC' all drives including the virtual drives will appear in whatever tab I have open but only the virtual drive with something mounted will appear in the tree. If I eject the ISO that was mounted, all virtual drives disappear whereas in Windows Explorer they remain visible.

Theoretically, if they appear in Windows Explorer, they should also appear in X2. Or is there something I'm missing?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Virtual drives invisible in v4.2.0.1

Post by nikos »

see TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS menu command, there's an option to "don't check for empty drives, list all in drivebar"
probably that's the one you need
7leagues

Re: Virtual drives invisible in v4.2.0.1

Post by 7leagues »

Thanks Nikos. That fixed it. :)