build 4301 released

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

build 4301 released

Post by nikos »

a few bugfixes reported. If you use drag-drop on windows 10 please make sure there are no adverse effects (I had to do some dodgy patches to fix the UI locking problem for the latest windows 10). Any problems let me know -- or just use robust copy which is much better :)

use HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES menu commands to get yours
* better handling of mass rename regular expressions, to be used for filename case changing. The down side is that now all search and replace regexp operations are case sensitive

* dark shell context sumbenus and other small dark secrets

* multi-monitor manifest is optional, must be selected during installation, because it causes problems for some users

* when you manually request folder sizes with <CTRL+D> keys, and if a folder item is selected, then size will be calculated just for the selected folders. This doesn't affect people that have folder size on all the time.
7leagues

Re: build 4301 released

Post by 7leagues »

Looking forward to trying it. I had to download from your site because when clicking on Help > Check for updates, nothing happened (I tried several times).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it works for me... anyone else seeing this problem?
what happens if you press F1 key in xplorer2, do you see the manual in your browser?
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I had no problem, that's how I downloaded x².
Now, clicking on "Help|Check for updates" I get the message "Your copy of xplorer² is up to date".

Windows 8.1
7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

nikos wrote: 2019 Nov 21, 05:27 what happens if you press F1 key in xplorer2, do you see the manual in your browser?
Yes. And, as per Gandolf's post, since updating to v4.3.0.1 I too get the zabkat site opening and the message he received. So, either the issue was in v4.2.0.1 only or more likely, something was wrong with my Windows services at the time.