Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

My company now blocks your download URL

Post by Brig »

Nikos:

This is maddening because it's stupid. I tried to download the latest version of xplorer2 Ultimate and when I clicked the link I got a page with this message:
Virus/Spyware Download Blocked
Download of the virus/spyware has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is in error.
File name: xplorer2_setup64_ult.exe
I tried it a million times. I can't download it even if I try to get it from other sites, like Major Geeks, etc. I contacted my system administrator, told them I've been using x2 for 100 years, they investigated and said this:
Threat was reviewed and found to be signed by a publisher known to bundle PUP software. Such software may use an implementation that can compromise privacy or weaken the computer's security.
I want to reply to that, but what can I tell them? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Brig
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My company now blocks your download URL

Post by nikos »

unless you consider xplorer2 "PUP" there's nothing else in the installer!? I stopped distributing toolbars like 10 years ago
you can give them the virustotal report on the installer, which is 100% clean
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/1e0 ... /detection

or just download xplorer2 and use it in portable mode, that's what the ultimate version is for
Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Brig »

I sent them the Virus Total report--thanks. I'll see what they say. But the problem is I can't download x2 anymore--the link gets intercepted, so using it in portable mode is moot. I'm running 3.4.0.0 right now--I can't get the latest version.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yeah I know, the idiots that host my website stopped the downloads because of 300GB bandwidth. This cannot be right... I'm trying to sort it out as we speak :mad:
Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Brig »

I figured out what I have to do now: download updates and install them when my laptop is not hooked up to the company network. I did that this morning and all is well. :D ( :twisted: )