Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

suggestion: cycling through address bar

Post by BRX »

Hey Nikos,

do you think you can add cycling through the addressbar with the arrow keys (or page up/down) so you get to the end of the address bar if you use arrow up at the first line (and back to the first line if you use arrow down at the last one)?

You can't jump to the end or first position with pos1/end and I use the shell commands at the end fairly often.
So it would be convenient to "cycle" forward or backward to top/end and not to have page down 5 times.

Just an idea for a small tweak.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: suggestion: cycling through address bar

Post by nikos »

i'm not sure what you're asking :)
if you want the addressbar to behave better with all sorts of keys, make sure "explorer style path autocompletion" option is turned off (TOOLS > OPTIONS menu, Advanced property page)
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

I am guessing that BRX is describing this. It turns out (who knew? not me until this post appeared) that the address bar is a drop-down list, and it contains lots of history and, at the end, a lot of shell commands. If you use the arrow up-down keys to move in the list, you get stuck at the bottom (the down arrow does not go further) and top (similarly the up arrow). But, surprisingly, the Home and End keys do not work in this list. The only way to get from the bottom to the top seems to be with lots of up arrows or fewer, but still more than a couple, of Page Ups. I think BRX would like the arrow keys to wrap.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

that makes sense however with the addressbar the smartest way is to first type part of what you need then hit up-arrow key a few times, and your previous path will come up. This includes bookmark names and shell:xxx paths