Calculate Folder Size on offline files for Dropbox

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

carlg

Calculate Folder Size on offline files for Dropbox

Post by carlg »

Hi!

I am a long time user of xPlorer2, but have recently started using the "Smart Sync" feature of Dropbox, that keeps files "online only" until they are accessed on the computer. Very useful since our broadband connection is now really swift!
It is possible to select an entire folder and right-click and do -> Online Only. Works well.

However - my problem is with xPlorer2's Calculate Folder Size. It appears to me that the online-only files are still calculated as taking up disk space when using the Calculate Folder Size. Is it so, or am I looking at it wrongly?
Could it be fixed? :) The Calculate Folder Size is incredibly useful when hunting for folders taking up all that precious harddisk space.

Regards
Carl
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Calculate Folder Size on offline files for Dropbox

Post by nikos »

Hi Carl and welcome to the forum!

folder size/data calculate "apparent" size. I _think_ if you use "size on disk" [S]tock column, it will report actual usage for such files, but that cannot be generalized at present
carlg

Re: Calculate Folder Size on offline files for Dropbox

Post by carlg »

Thank you for the reply!

Yeah. I added the "Size on disk" column, and it appears empty on files that are "online only". Does not work on the folders though.
Would be a nice addition though. ;-)

Regards
Carl