Editing or replacing the default column list

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

davek

Editing or replacing the default column list

Post by davek »

By playing around I've managed to add a column to the list of columns that appears when I start the programme, but I can't work out how I managed it. :? The new column (length) is listed in the the Default file. I also want to add Extension (which I may had inadvertently taken out) and lose Attributes, but no matter what I do these changes aren't saved in default

I know I can create custom files and double click on them to change the column lists but what I'd like to do is either edit the resident Default file or set one of my custom selection files to be the default when I launch the program

What I would like the launch to default to is: Name - Extension - Size - Length - Modified

I also use Dual panes as default so it would be great if both panes opened up the same and I didn't have to set each one separately

Is it possible to edit the Default file - which I appear to have done but don't know how ... or is it possible to use one of my customised files as the default? Am I just missing something obvious?

:D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Editing or replacing the default column list

Post by nikos »

in xplorer2, default is whatever you used last. So if you choose some columns with ALT+K they become default for all folders from there on (for the pane which you are browsing -- the other pane has its own settings)

if this doesn't work for you, check you are saving settings on exit? (TOOLS > OPTIONS menu). If that's enabled, you may have used custom folder settings too much, and you must undo it as explained here

www.zabkat.com/blog/undo-custom-folder-settings.htm
davek

Re: Editing or replacing the default column list

Post by davek »

Hi Nikos

Thanks again for the very quick response ... I hadn't ticked the save settings because the ...'to the registry' part spooked me a bit!

All is working as I'd hoped now! :party: :D