Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

RFF: Advanced options setting for minimum column width

Post by johngalt »

Hi, Nikos,

I just cleanly installed Windows 10 on my new rig that I built 6 months ago, and I have a RFF, if it is possible to do:

I always find that the columns (other than Name) sometimes get out of size depending upon the data being displayed in them, like a column that is sized to X width needs X+5 pixels to accurately show a particularly large folder size, or folders that have extensions that are partially hidden by a very narrow extension column width.

So, I'm curious if there is a way to specify, in the Advanced options, a minimum width for any given column, so it would never go lower than that?

This would be helpful in two ways:
  1. Making a minimum so that column headings were never cut off, and
  2. Prevent columns from shrinking when the auto size feature is used
Since this is a new rig, I have a ton of folders which I have to set desktop.ini files in again to set the column widths exactly as before, since I mistakenly forgot to show hidden files before moving all this amount of data to the new drives, so none of them were copied.

Not a big deal if you can't - just thought I'd ask.

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RFF: Advanced options setting for minimum column width

Post by nikos »

there are 300 odd possible columns so specifying minimums for all would be a big job :xmas:
once you set a column width, it will be remembered forever. Usually right click on the column header + AUTOSIZE menu takes care of all sizing