System dialog displaying 'behind' xplorer2 window

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

chalkywhite

System dialog displaying 'behind' xplorer2 window

Post by chalkywhite »

Whenever I delete a folder containing a system file (e.g. thumbs.db) the system dialog requesting confirmation is always displayed 'behind' xplorer2 (I used to think xplorer2 had stalled until I realised what was happening) and I have to click the xplorer2 window in order to access the dialog and confirm deletion of the file.

Is there a way to stop this happening (i.e. so that system dialogs always appear in front of xplorer2)?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: System dialog displaying 'behind' xplorer2 window

Post by nikos »

I can't reproduce that, are you talking about normal or robust (SHIFT+DEL) delete?
chalkywhite

Post by chalkywhite »

Just a normal delete: I open xplorer2, select a folder and press the Delete key. If the folder contains a thumbs.db (or other system) file the windows 'Delete File' dialog is invoked by the system asking me whether I want to delete a system file, but the dialog is not visible due to it being 'behind' the xplorer2 window, and xplorer2 itself appears to have stalled (though it hasn't). Clicking anywhere on the xplorer2 window immediately causes the system dialog to appear and I can click 'Yes'.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

weird!
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

Is it possible that Xplorer² is running in some weird form of Stay on top?

I know that I've had something similar happen to me before, though now it doesn't because I open X² on my secondary monitor, and all system dialogs generated by X² always open on the primary monitor....

I cannot recall how / when it started, nor if it stopped simply because of my placement of the window, but I can test later today and see.