normal menu
100%

Total votes: 31

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: are you a ribbon or menu person?

Post by nikos »

are you talking about the standalone VLC getting restricted like that? That would be very strange

if you tweaked xplorer2 shortcut icon properties for compatibility, try to undo them and see if there's any change. Or even better, save your settings, do a fresh and complete reinstall (factory settings) and see how it goes. Then you can restore your settings
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

nikos wrote: 2021 Mar 29, 05:51 are you talking about the standalone VLC getting restricted like that? That would be very strange
No, only if the video is launched from within X2. If I launch the video file from within VLC its normal.
nikos wrote: 2021 Mar 29, 05:51 if you tweaked xplorer2 shortcut icon properties for compatibility, try to undo them and see if there's any change. Or even better, save your settings, do a fresh and complete reinstall (factory settings) and see how it goes. Then you can restore your settings
I restored the DPI setting to "Application" and video files launch correctly from within X2. But the scaling of X2's UI is tiny, Editor has tiny tiny font.

I reset Properties > DPI scaling > System Enhanced. Scaling of X2's UI is correct, editors font is normal but Video files launched from within X2 are in quadrant mode. files launched from within VLC are displayed normally.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can make fonts in xplorer2 bigger using various tricks explained here
www.zabkat.com/blog/high-dpi-screen-toolbars.htm
also a fresh install will pick up better DPI settings, but of course you'd lose all your customizations