Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 4K Video Issue with Toolbars ... REDUX

Post by dunno »

@Nikos
Out of interest do you have a 4K TV or monitor ?.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no
Gary M. Mugford
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Gary M. Mugford »

johngalt wrote: 2021 Apr 01, 00:34 Sorry to hear that you're having these issues. I see now - in my installation that setting is most definitely not disabled, and turning it on does make the icons a lot smaller.

But as to why it is happening to you, I cannot say.

BTW - you can export your settings to import them again later on so that you don't have to lose your customizations - I usually export as a .REG file that I can then import after installing X² on a clean install of Windows.....
John, FIRST, thanks for your dogmatic research on this issue. I've been occupied with some programming issues (forecasting budget needs is waaaaaaay less fun when you can't depend on a year over year over year curves to develop an intentional seasonal multiplier ... sigh) and haven't been back to this issue. I did change everything to just decently sized word labels with the itty-bitty 16bit icons. Three tiers of toolbars. And if I had my druthers it would be five tiers. And now, thanks to you, I WILL be able to have at least the regular-sized icons to go with the right width for the captions. MUCH APPRECIATED SIR!

SECOND, yeah, I actually run the save settings into both a REG file AND an INI file. Have for years. I zip them up periodically so I have generational backups on a monthly basis via a batch file. I DID DO a REG recovery of the one from before the experimentation with the toolbar dimensions started, but since I had installed the 48 zip file, as I mentioned, and then experimented from there, I had rendered Nikos' complex of toolbar image sizes to a singular size. I will follow your advice and remove all toolbar image files from outside the program and then run the installer again. EXCELSIOR! And KUDOs!
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

Lol - keep your forecasts to yourself, sirrah!

j/k - seriously, though, glad it actually worked for you as well. I was rather surprised when I made it happen on my end, and even more surprised that it was fixable without having to resort to the usual idiosyncratic advice of 'uninstall and reinstall' - that would have been painful.