Show Thumbails In Groups by Creation Date

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Show Thumbails In Groups by Creation Date

Post by pschroeter »

It's been four years since I asked the following question so I hope there is a solution now. When I choose Arrange By Date and then Show In Groups all I get is, "Modified: This Year, Modified: Last Year, Modified: Long Ago," which aren't useful at all. I'm sure there are other users with thougsands of photos who would love to be able to do this.
Show image thumbnails in groups by (Creation) date

Post by pschroeter » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:17 am
I have a folder that contains a bunch of images created on different dates. I was hoping to display them as thumbnails in groups defined by creation date but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I can only get View > Arrange by > Show in groups to group them in large vaguely defined date groupings.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Show Thumbails In Groups by Creation Date

Post by nikos »

you can create your own custom groups with the dates you like. e.g. in this order

1. date created within 2021
2. date created within 2020
….

or any other rules you like. Use VIEW > ARRANGE BY > CUSTOM GROUP, then save it under CUSTOMIZE > CUSTOM GROUPS

for the next version I plan to have something that creates such groups easier, although one size won't fit all :)
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

I mean more like it takes the files and puts them automatically in groups by the date in, month, day, year format (OR year, month, day).
This is real handy if you got a bunch of photographs, for example.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

whatever groups you can imagine, define them with date rules