Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog post found at
www.zabkat.com/blog/browse-pseudo-archives-wcx.htm
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: blog: how to register WCX plugins

Post by johngalt »

Kinda neat. I just cleanly installed Windows on Friday, and have been making my way through all the setup again with everything I have installed, while also looking at third party apps for websites that I frequently visit (so I don't have to keep a multitude of browsers / tabs open any more).

I ran across this new build and the blog when I was looking at installing the iFIlters again, but I realize that since I actually have 7-Zip installed, I can already do this (and actually do it now). A lot of executable installers are compressed archives, as well, for example, Exact Audio Copy, which I extracted to a folder so I can use it in a 'portable' mode versus having it installed.

I simply right click on the file, select 7-Zip and from the extended menu, select open archive.

This plugin method would be good for those who don't have 7-Zip installed, though.

I also made use of the info in https://www.zabkat.com/blog/compressed- ... ension.htm to now have native folder viewing of more than just .ZIP files too :D

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the advantage of browsing archives with xplorer2 instead of 7zip is that you can use the full arsenal of searching, previewing and all the rest of commands that 7zip doesn't have
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

Ahh, good point. I suppose I just don't do enough of that. Most of the archives I have are software that I use - so they get extracted to folders to get used.