Virtual drive display

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

7leagues

Virtual drive display

Post by 7leagues »

In previous versions of x2, my 3 virtual drives would appear in the folder tree all the time, even if they were empty. In v5, they are invisible until I actually mount an ISO in one of them. Even once mounted, there is no sign of it in the folder tree however, its drive letter appears in the drive bar which, if clicked on, will open the contents in the current active tab.

Is there anything I can do to restore the previous method of displaying virtual drives in the folder tree permanently, please?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Virtual drive display

Post by nikos »

there's an option that manages how empty drives behave, search for it in TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS menu. It is mainly for the drivebar but not sure if it affects the tree too
7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

I was unable to find such an option in advanced settings. Could you point me towards it please, Nikos?

I just discovered that once an ISO is mounted, if I refresh the folder tree, it does appear. It used to automatically refresh once a change in drive status took place. Ideally, I would still prefer the old behaviour of having all 3 virtual drives appear in the folder tree regardless of whether anything is mounted in them.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

use the advanced settings search box for "drivebar"
the full option says "don't check for empty drives list all in drivebar"
7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

Brilliant, works perfectly! Thanks Nikos. :D