x2 display needs repair

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

7leagues

x2 display needs repair

Post by 7leagues »

Further to my license query, I have installed x2 on my new backup PC which differs from my main machine in that its display is a standard HD 1920x1080 instead of UHD. In order to fast track its setup I ran the settings backup however, that was exported from the UHD machine and I now have a totally unusable display with all text being enormous.

I attempted using the compatibility options to override its settings but none of them made any difference. Because this happened after importing my previous settings, I'm guessing there's a tweak within the advanced options somewhere but I have been unable to locate it. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: x2 display needs repair

Post by nikos »

if you import settings from different DPI, then you must do all the work that xplorer2 does for you automatically for fresh installs
see here for more information www.zabkat.com/blog/high-dpi-screen-toolbars.htm
7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

It's not the toolbar that's the issue, Nikos. It's the entire interface. Text looks like it is 28pt.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this blog doesn't talk about the toolbars only. You can change font size from TOOLS > OPTIONS
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I'm actually testing a 4K monitor, and I'm having all sorts of really weird issues ever since I connected the 4K monitor.

I'll read the blog, and see if I can fix it, but these issues only started after connecting the 4K monitor, which is displaying full 4K res but using 150% DPI Scaling on that 4K monitor - and X² is the most noticeable app that fails when moving from one monitor to the other.

johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I seem to have fixed most of the issues. I'll keep looking. In particular I was able to upscale (size up?) SaboFX's XL toolbar from 24px to 48 px and apply it as the XL toolbar without X2 crashing the toolbar, so good news.

Now to go off and find modern versions of those icons and build a new toolbar....

7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

nikos wrote: 2021 May 19, 09:40 this blog doesn't talk about the toolbars only. You can change font size from TOOLS > OPTIONS
I couldn't find that as an option before but now that you said that I finally found the button MAIN FONT and that solved it. :)

So, in order to assist anyone else that may have that question in the future, perhaps you could say "You can change font size from TOOLS > OPTIONS > MAIN FONT (button)"
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I think it was mentioned like that because in the 4K blog, he has a link showing it directly:

At the very bottom of https://www.zabkat.com/blog/high-dpi-sc ... olbars.htm is the link to https://www.zabkat.com/blog/bpic/font.gif